Design Engineer (3 month contract)
Calnex is a world-leader in test and measurement solutions with over 350 customers in over 65 countries around the world. Based in Linlithgow, Scotland, the Calnex team has exceptional technical expertise. We develop a range of leading edge test equipment with a particular focus on timing and synchronisation.
Our Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analogue/RF Design Engineer in a contract position to work on our over the air synchronisation tester.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or an equivalent subject.
- RF and Analogue electronics using building blocks up to 6 GHz.
- RF Receiver characterisation up to 6 GHz.
- Knowledge of LTE/5G radio frame formats and ideally understanding of UE synchronisation signals and process.
- Practical RF and analogue hardware measurement.
- Understanding, Configuring and using Software Defined Radios.
- Understanding of DSP techniques for RF signal processing and analysis.
- Low-level digital electronics for control and interface.
- General hands-on hardware development.
- Schematic capture.
- Layout guidance.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Phase noise and modulation theory.
- Understanding of the LTE/5G modulation process.
- Use of Matlab for RF simulation and issue investigation.
- DSP software.
- Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) and synthesizer theory and design.
- Understanding of wander and jitter generation and measurement.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes flexible holidays, life assurance, short and long term disability cover, dental and vision insurance, Healthcare options, a retirement plan and a wellbeing allowance, all in place and offered to employees of Calnex to take care of your personal health and wellbeing and future health and financial security needs.
If you'd like to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply below, and we will be in touch.