Product Applications/Support Engineer
Calnex is a successful, innovative, electronics company that addresses market opportunities in expanding global telecommunications networks.
We develop leading edge test & measurement products that are used to verify the performance of network equipment and the network itself. We have a particular focus on high accuracy timing testing and network emulation and are recognised globally as experts in these areas. Our products are based on proprietary hardware platforms with software configurable personalities and off instrument analysis packages.
We are seeking an Applications/Support Engineer to join our product support team in Linlithgow. In this role you will work closely with our product design teams, become an expert on the use of our products, and provide first class technical solutions and support to our global customer base on one or more product lines. This is a highly varied role combining deep technical expertise with customer interaction. A degree of travel will be involved but will not be excessive.
- Becoming an industry expert in Calnex’s areas of expertise as outlined above.
- Being the ‘go to’ product expert on one or more Calnex product lines.
- Providing timely responses to product/technology questions from customers & Calnex sales team.
- Working with the product design team to investigate issues and influence requirements.
- Building relationships with the Calnex sales team and sales partners by providing excellent support.
- Setting up a demo lab to conduct Product Demos and re-create customer scenarios.
- Developing technical marketing collateral such as Application Notes, White Papers, Test Reports.
- Developing scripts to provide custom solutions to key customers.
- Supporting trade fairs, plug-fests and customer visits to promote Calnex products/expertise.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong willingness to learn the product and its application.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Strong problem solver
- Previous experience in direct technical interactions with customers.
- Programming/scripting experience.
Experience in any of the following areas will also be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Networking, Ethernet packet structures and/or Telecoms Framing structures.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. The benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, life assurance cover, personal Health Care Options plus other lifestyle benefits.
To apply for this job, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com, and we'll be in touch.